Check Out the LA AfFair 2019
January 30, 2019
Do you love art? Most folks in Los Angeles rentals do, so it’s a safe bet that you’d be keen on checking out a new show dedicated to celebrating the power of human artistic expression. The 2nd Annual Art in LA AfFair is just one such event taking place, and you’ll definitely want to take advantage of what’s in store:
“LA AfFair 2019 will showcase over 60 artists working in contemporary fine art at AC Gallery’s 4,000 square foot gallery space in all media types including Abstract, Art Objects, ConceptuaL, Craft, Minimalist, Photography, Pop art, Representational, Sculpture and Works on paper.”
The whole idea is to make all this art accessible and collectible to visitors like yourself, so if you fancy yourself a collector, or just love looking at great works, this will be the event for you. Ready to learn more? Keep reading, as we cover all the pertinent details.
What’s the Art in LA AfFair All About?
Like we mentioned before, the LA AfFair is all about connecting you with great art and artists in an expansive gallery setting, so you can get a close look at some of the outstanding contemporary work that’s out there, and perhaps, even purchase a piece or two for yourself. This year, the event will be taking place from February 13th to February 17th, at the AC Gallery on North Highland Avenue. The Red Carpet Premier is set for February 13th, from 8:00PM to 12:00AM, and if last year is anything to judge by, it’s going to be quite the thrilling show:
“The past Art in LA Affair red carpet premier night drew over 500 patrons and guests to AC Gallery in Hollywood. Award winners from film and television, number-one Billboard recording artists, famed producers and directors all showed up to lend support…”
There are going to be quite a few artists showing off their work as a part of this event, but the event organizers have been kind enough to showcase some of the most prominent artists under the featured tab on their main page, so let’s take a look at what you can expect:
- Jean-Michel Basquiat — Though his life was short, Jean-Michel Basquiat’s impact still looms large, and the LA AfFair will be showcasing one of only two record jackets created by the late neo-expressionist street artist — First Record by ska/punk rock band The OFFS.
- Fred Tieken — Painter Fred Tieken has a flair for the unconventional, and you can see that flair on display at LA AfFair as he exhibits numerous works, each with their own colorful narrative and impressive visual elements.
- Mike Finegan — Photographer Mike Finegan is a master at capturing the human form, and will be displaying is cinemeatic-style portraits front and center at LA AfFair.
- Grace Hindle — Using a combination of photography and 3D plaster sculpting, Grace Hindle has created a synthesis of real life and the otherworldly, and will be weaving her intricate displays into LA AfFair.
- Andres Mornaghi — Painting? Illustration? Both? It’s hard to classify Andres Mornaghi, but one thing is for certain — the Universidad De Palermo graduate has an eye for impressive visuals, and you can see some of them on display at LA AfFair.
- Austin Nordyke — You want contemporary painting with an abstract influence? Enter Austin Nordyke, a San Diego-based artists with a specialty for both oil and acrylic. If you can appreciate bold colors and striking shapes, you’ve found your artist right here.
Now, when it comes to scoring tickets for this event, you can find those over on Eventbrite. Prices range from $10 to $50 — depending on what kind of experience you’re after — but rest assured that no matter what, a place at this exquisite show is going to be well worth the expense.
Who All Is Involved?
The Art in LA AfFair is a collaborative effort between AC Gallery and Artsy. The former is a kind of showcase for both established and emerging artists, based both in Los Angeles and Miami. As part of their mission, they cultivate all manner of high-quality art for display, and provide exhibition opportunities and professional development programs to artists within their network.
The latter, Artsy, is another organization dedicated to supporting artists worldwide. Online, Artsy “features the world’s leading galleries, museum collections, foundations, artist estates, art fairs, and benefit auctions, all in one place.” They have a rather robust database of contemporary artwork, which encompasses some 1,000,000 works of art, architecture, and design by 100,000 artists. If you want to learn more about art, discover new art for your collection, or just love looking at cool works, Artsy serves as a great springboard for all those endeavors.
What Else Is Happening During LA Art Week?
In case you weren’t aware, the Art in LA AfFair is a part of LA Art Week, and there are plenty of concurrent events going on that will probably be well worth your interest. Perhaps the most notable among these is Frieze Los Angeles, a new “contemporary art fair” within the city that will be bringing together “70 of the most significant and forward-thinking contemporary galleries from across the city and around the world,” in conjunction with all the art talks, projects, and films you can handle for a program like no other. After you’ve experienced the LA AfFair, why not give Frieze a look to continue your art week adventure?
Art Week Always Gets the Los Angeles Rentals Hyped for a Great Time
Art Week is a fantastic time to be in the city, but between you and us, any time of year is great to call Los Angeles home. On that front, beautiful communities like The Madrid offer up one of the best spots to hang your hat and lay your head. From the convenient location to the plethora of modern comforts, you’ll be hard pressed to find any apartments nicer. Experience LA like never before; check out The Madrid and all its wonders, then make it your first choice for superior living in the City of Angels.